Monday, August 17, 2009

Whack Job (part 1)

After missing a much needed Sat and SunDAY training ride, I somehow talked myself into going on a solo night ride Sunday evening. It was around 7:30 p.m. and the Moab light was charged, the jersey was filled with pop tarts, Roctane Goo packs and 100 oz of CytoMax and I was off. I really wanted to get my 4 x 20 tempo drills in so I headed West on the Red Cedar Trail and got to work. It was light out for the first two, but started getting dark fast. Right as I finished the second one, I was going over the river on the big steel bridge, which was a nice place for some recovery. That's when the siting took place. 10-15 college gals and guys, playing Frisbee in the water --NAKED--. Right when you think you've seen it all. I collected my thoughts and finished the reaming drills only to find myself 1.5 hours from home. When it was all said and done, the mtb depreciated by 70 miles and 4 hours. The whole world changes once the sun goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment