Sunday, January 3, 2010

Trainer Bonk

Been down in Sheboygan visiting my parents on the farm where my dad is recovering from his heart attack. Things were a little slow, so I got the bike set up in mom's kitchen on Sat afternoon for a 2 hour endurance ride. It was nice to have a window with a view compared to riding in my pitch black basement. After holding a comfortable 233 watts for the first 90 minutes of the ride things went South in a hurry. I only had water and no solid calories to sustain the effort so the bonk was inevitable, and when it hit is was full on. It is pretty crazy how fast the body can shut down in a situation like that. Wonder if the Sheboygan crew did their breakfast ride.....it was zero out when I woke up.

Click HERE to read a cool article passed on to me from TJ.

1 comment:

  1. I hear just 4 rode. It was -2 at ride time. I did not ride.

    ReplyDelete